It’s an idea about the battle to become customer-centric which I lovingly refer to as the Kirk Vs Spock analogy and how it’s a battle between the two to find the CX sweet spot.
Kirk – Highly emotional. Spock – Highly logical.
It’s just one of the many things I discussed recently with Ethan Beute, a customer experience expert and host of the Customer Experience Podcast.
We did a real deep-dive discussion into the state of CX today, and how by becoming more human-centred we might be able to really turn things around.
Listen to the episode to learn more about:
• The Spock vs. Kirk customer experience battle
• The evidence showing how the Big CX Dream has failed to live up to its billing
• The tendency to treat CX as an ideology rather than as a discipline
• The tool-led rather than expertise-driven nature of CX
• The agile methodology‘s application in customer experience
• The human factor‘s promise in fulfilling the Big CX Dream
Oh, and if you fancy it, you can find my TedTalk on Removing Bullies, here.